Tabard v Harrow

Tabard RFC


25 - 22
Harrow RFC


Tabard 25 Harrow 22                                      


Tabard staged a great recovery to claw back a 17 – 3 deficit and did enough to hang on to secure a hard fought victory. In the opening encounters Tabard found it difficult to come to terms with the referee’s interpretation at the breakdown and to hang on to the ball in contact which contributed to the visitor’s early scores and to them taking what looked like an unassailable lead.  


From the start Tabard were guilty of conceding a succession of penalties, one of which was converted from 45 metres out before Joe Calnan was tackled round the neck and Jack Reilly levelled the scores.

Harrow were gifted two soft tries in quick succession, one from a loose tap at a Tabard line out, the second after the visitors stole the ball at a Tabard scrum. This took the score to 3- 17 with the momentum very much with the visitors with just 20 minutes played.


To their credit, Tabard cut out the knock ons, held on to possession, stopped giving silly penalties away and turned the game round. They took almost total control of the contest for the next 40 minutes during which they scored three tries and were unlucky not to collect a bonus point fourth.


Aaron Priscott scored first after great pressure from the Tabard pack resulted in the Harrow tight head being carded. A short ball from the penalty allowed Priscott in. Harrow made a lot of use of the cross field kick but one was collected by Alder on the wing for Tabard and he made good ground. He found the industrious Priscott who was impeded by Harrow with Reilly kicking the resultant penalty. Reilly then picked up a try after excellent work by Ramzanpour who found Sandison with a deft offload. Reilly’s conversion nudged Tabard in front by one point and they were unlucky not to add to add to this before the referee blew for half time.


Tabard were able to stretch their lead after Harrow were penalised for pulling down a maul allowing Priscott in again for his second try of the afternoon. Jack Reilly added the conversion to take Tabard 8 points clear at 25 – 17.


Priscott soon went from hero to villain though when he was harshly yellow carded with 15 minutes remaining. Harrow immediately took advantage scoring from the penalty and taking the score to 25 – 22. Despite great effort from both sides no additional points were added as Tabard held on for a valuable four points in what was a great team effort.


Team: Van Loen, Jack Calnan, Tilley, O’Connor, Ramzanpour, Morgan Bunning, Marcus Bunning, Priscott, H Gough, Reilly, Sandison, Joe Calnan, Esmaeili, Alder, Hopcroft



Scholtz, Templeman, Thornton